NATIONAL ESSAY COMPETITION IN CONNECTION WITH 70TH INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATIONShoaib Rasheed
In order to celebrate 70th Anniversary of Pakistan, the Higher Education Commission with collaboration of Ministry of Federal Education & Professional Training has planned to organize an Essay Competition among students of all recognized universities/DAI’s of Pakistan. The students of Undergraduate/Graduate level studying in the colleges affiliated with the recognized universities are also eligible to participate in the Competition. The topics for the competition are:
|a.||70 Years of Freedom: Achievements and Failures||آزادی کے ۷۰ سال: کامیابیاں اور ناکامیاں|
|b.||Role of youth in rejecting extremism||انتہا پسندی کے خاتمے میں نوجوانوں کا کردار|
|c.||Role of youth in promoting peace, tolerance and interfaith harmony||امن، رواداری اور بین المذاہب ہم آہنگی کے فروغ میں نوجوانوں کا کردار|
|d.||CPEC: Challenges and Prospects||چین ،پاکستان اقتصادی راہداری: مسائل اور امکانات|
A student can write the essay on only one topic/language. All Essays should be typed and must be between 2500-
3000 words. The winners (both in English and Urdu) will be awarded a cash award of Rs. 1,00,000/- for the first prize, Rs. 75,000/- for the second prize, and Rs. 50,000/- for the third prize in a ceremony to be held in HEC, Islamabad, Pakistan. It is expected that the essay writer should suggest the solution of the problems highlighted/discussed in the essay concerned. Currently enrolled students in public/private sector universities/DAI’s are eligible for the competition and can send the entries through the Registrar/ Student Affairs Section of concerned university/institution/HOD/Principle, showing complete details i.e. name, father’s name, National ID Card number, class, roll number, contact number, email address and a latest photograph. Essays will be checked for Plagiarism and more than 19 % plagiarism is not acceptable. Besides hard-copies at the given address, the essays must also be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last date for receipt of complete entries in the Higher Education Commission is 10th August 2017.
|Muhammad Aslam (Assistant Director) Higher Education CommissionH-9, Islamabad
|Umber Ajaz (Assistant Director)
Higher Education Commission
Rules/Sops for the Essay Writing Competition
1. All the regular students of recognized Public and Private Sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutes of Pakistan are eligible to participate in the Essay Competition. The students of Undergraduate/Graduate level studying in the colleges affiliated with the recognized universities are also eligible to participate in the Competition.
2. Male and female regular students, both are eligible to participate but in one of the languages i.e. Urdu or English.
3. Using non-parliamentary language, Derogatory/sectarian remarks will lead to negative marking.
4. All Essays should be typed and must be between 2500- 3000 words. The space between lines should be 1.5 and the paper size should be A-4. Essays that fall short of or exceed the above word limit shall be penalized.
5. Co-authorship/joint authorship is not allowed.
6. Besides hard-copies at the given address, the essays must also be submitted via email at email@example.com
7. Essays will be checked for Plagiarism and more than 19% plagiarism is not acceptable.
8. The students will submit their entries through Registrar/Director Student Affairs/HOD of the concerned university bearing a covering letter showing complete details i.e. name, father’s name, CNIC number, class, roll number, contact number, email address and a latest photograph.
9. Results will be announced within 6 weeks from the deadline for submission of entries.
For more events: Muraadnama(Events)
Written&Shared by: Shoaib Rasheed